|Title||Jade Stein / Jade Stone|
|Hair color||Red Brown|
|Eye color||Red (Right), Green (Left)|
|Number||Third Rozen Maiden|
|Artificial Spirit||Sui Dream (スィドリーム Sui Dorīmu)|
|English||Rebecca Forstadt 2004-2007
Brittney Karbowski 2014
|Special||Nana Mizuki (Drama CD)|
|Anime||Rozen Maiden - Episode 4|
Suiseiseki (翠星石 Suiseiseki, Jade Stein / Jade Stone) is the third doll of the Rozen Maiden series. She is the elder twin sister of Souseiseki.
- Suiseiseki has mismatching eyes: her right eye red, the left green. She wears a long green Victorian era dress with a white collar and black ribbon around the neck, along with a white hair accessory, similar to a bonnet with beige lace like ribbons on each side of her face. She is meant to resemble a sort of housewife gardener, being one of the two Rozen Maidens that is made to deal with plants. Her long auburn hair is curled at the ends.
- Suiseiseki is the third Rozen Maiden doll to be created and is Souseiseki's older twin. She and her sister are considered "gardeners", as they have the ability to communicate with regular plants. They also have the power to communicate and tend to "soul trees" of humans.
- Suiseiseki is described by Shinku as the most timid, as shown by her first impression. Besides being shy and nervous, she was very distrustful of humans. She's also shown to be mischievous, somewhat abusive, and taunting to Jun Sakurada and Hinaichigo. However, despite her attitude towards Jun, Suiseiseki actually cares a great deal for him, and her attempts to cover that up usually come in the form of more insults. In fact, she cares deeply for everyone in her life, even if she does not show it outwardly. Suiseiseki also concerns herself very much with her twin sister, Souseiseki, and was devastated when Suigintou took away her Rosa Mystica in both the manga and the anime.
- In Träumend, Suiseiseki stands out among the dolls in that she values her sisters' love more than the goal of becoming Alice. She is one of the dolls who opposes the Alice Game, and has no intentions of becoming Alice if it means taking her fellow sisters' Rosa Mystica. Suiseiseki and Jun attempt, without much success, to convince the other Rozen Maidens that the Alice Game is a meaningless endeavor. During Ouvertüre, Suiseiseki has a small role, seen during a fight between Souseiseki and Shinku trying to stop them fighting, and again sitting in the N-field when Suigintou emerges.
- In both the manga and anime, she almost always ends her sentences with the Japanese copula "Desu" (ですDesu). In the English translation of the manga she uses "yes" at the end of her sentences instead.
- She has been referred to as "Sui-no-nee-sama" (my jade sister) by Kirakishou twice.
- Her artificial spirit, Sui Dream, is named after the popular Anna Sui perfume.
- "If we can express our sadness in words, someone can come and try to comfort us. But there is sadness that we cannot express that we must overcome on our own." - Unknown Source
Weapons & Skills
- Suiseiseki, along with her twin sister, Souseiseki, are both referred as gardeners because of their abilities of communicating and tending not only to regular plants, but also to the "soul trees" of humans. Suiseiseki tries to avoid participating in the Alice Game as much as possible, but she can use her watering can to make plants emerge from the ground and manipulate them.
References & Citations