|Anime||Rozen Maiden - Episode 01|
Rozen is identified as the creator of the Rozen Maiden Dolls throughout the series. They consider him to be their father and call him as such.
- His appearance is not shown thoroughly in the anime, with only brief glimpses of his hands and once his hair, which appears to be blonde and tied back into a ponytail (marking an interesting resemblance to Enju, his apprentice). Although, as he seems to exhibit sorcerous powers, he may be able to hide from view or alter his own appearance. his appearence is shown in the manga. Only his face is hollow. he does have wavy blonde hair though.
- Rozen had a daughter by the name of Alice. Who died for some unknown reason. In order to fee like he could bring her back he made the Rozen Maiden dolls, using pieces of his own heart as the rozen mysticas.
- The Alice Game and appears to have attained a very long (possibly immortal) lifespan, like his dolls, as he watches them progress throughout the centuries.
- He has gone by many aliases throughout time, such as the Count of St. Germain or Alessandro Cagliostro. The dolls refer to him as 'Father' (In Japanese, they refer to as "Otou-sama". "Otou" is an address to one's father, "-sama" which is a very respectful honorific suffix in Japanese).
- In the anime, he speaks to Shinku various times and indicates that besides battling, there is another way to end the Alice Game. It is also apparent that he had an apprentice named Enju and an assistant named Laplace's Demon], who is a humanoid rabbit that deals as a go-between with Enju in Rozen Maiden Träumend.
- Rozen's desire to make the dolls stems from the death of his daughter - he wanted to re-create, her but failed. Therefore he decided to make the perfect girl, Alice, by creating a perfect living doll.
References & Citations