|Title||Kanarienvogel (Canary Bird)|
|Hair color||Gray-Green (2004) / Green (2013 & Manga)|
|Number||Second Rozen Maiden|
|Medium||Mitsu "Micchan" Kusabue|
|Artificial Spirit||Pizzicato (ピチカート Pichikāto)|
|Anime||Rozen Maiden Träumend - Episode 03|
Kanaria (金糸雀 Kanaria, Kanarienvogel / Canary Bird) is the second Rozen Maiden doll.
- Kanaria's outfit is a bright one, consisting of puffy orange pants and a long-sleeved yellow coat, with the sleeves puffed at the shoulders and laced in white at the ends. The coat is tied in the front at the neck and the waist with brown ribbons. On the back of her coat she has another, larger sized bow, which consists of the same color of her coat. She wears classy black shoes and is often seen carrying a parasol, which she uses frequently to 'float' from place to place. Her hair is greenish-gray in the 2004 anime, while in Zurückspulen and manga is green, and she wears it tied into two ringleted ponytails. Her bangs are held to the side by a heart-shaped yellow hairpiece bearing a red rose. Her eyes are green.
- Kanaria fancies herself as quite the stealthy prowler, and makes a hobby of watching the exploits of her sisters, usually through binoculars. Her cheerful, somewhat arrogant disposition makes her the ideal subject for many of the comedic episodes, and her personality mostly complements that of Hinaichigo, who eventually becomes her good friend and rival; they often debate on whose medium is "better," i.e. prettier. In the manga, she visits the Sakurada home more often than in the anime, and even invites Mitsu, her medium, after Hinaichigo is taken by Kirakishou, in order to fill the void left by Hinaichigo. Kanaria has the unusual habit of ending her sentences with "kashira" ("I wonder?", "maybe?" or "you know?"), which is likened to Hinaichigo's penchant for ending sentences with "na no" (meaning "Because"). Kanaria's favorite food is Tamagoyaki, a Japanese thick omelet, which, more often than not, is snatched away from her by hungry birds before she can enjoy it. She is introduced in the second season and makes a brief appearance in Ouvertüre, making yet another humorously over-the-top attempt to infiltrate Jun's home to steal her sisters' Rosae Mysticae.
- Her name is misspelled Canaria in the Tokyopop translated manga.
- "I am Kanaria! The brainiest of the Rozen Maiden!" - Rozen Maiden Träumend - Episode 15
Weapons and Skills
- Despite being constantly funny without meaning to and making repeated failures in many of the things she does, Kanaria is a competent opponent and attacks with a violin that can emit particularly destructive sound waves. Her biggest attack is a cyclone. Her artificial spirit, Pizzicato, is named after the technique of playing orchestral instruments by plucking the strings, which she uses as a very damaging counterattack. When Barasuishou defeated Suiseiseki, Kanaria seized Suiseiseki's Rosa Mystica, which may have rendered her able to use Suiseiseki's watering can, but she was defeated before she would have had a chance to use it.
References and Citations